- Are returns or exchanges allowed? I will replace returned work in these three circumstances. 1) You received an item that you did not order. 2) The item has been damaged in shipping. 3) The item does not work. Please contact me within two days of receiving your order to discuss your circumstances and to receive return shipping instructions.
- Can I return my purchase for a refund? As a small business I do not issue refunds. I am always willing to discuss your situation when you contact me.
- Is there a shipping charge? Customer pays for all shipping charges on orders under $198. Orders $198 and over ship for free. Below is a chart describing my shipping charges.
- How do I clean my Luminette nightlight? Use a feather duster or a dry, soft cotton rag. Do not use chemical cleaners as the copper patina will be affected.
Why does the Luminette I received look a little different than what I ordered? Each Luminette frame is unique. The copper is hand-textured and treated with patina, a mysterious and unpredictable process, causing each frame to have a unique color and texture pattern.
Can you repair my Luminette? I may be able to repair a Luminette you already own, normally for a small fee. For instance, to replace the plastic clip that connects the nightlight fixture to the copper frame costs $15 including shipping. Contact me to discuss.
- My Luminette has stopped working. What can I do? Most of the time when people say their Luminette has stopped turning on and the problem isn't the bulb there is actually a quick fix. Please try this before contacting me for a nightlight base replacement: 1) Unplug the Luminette. 2) Unscrew the bulb. 3) Down inside the bulb socket there is a small rectangular brass flap -- gently pry if up just a tiny bit with a skinny tool like a tweezers. 4) Screw bulb in and try it out. If this does not work you can find replacement nightlight fixtures at the end of the Luminette nightlights gallery.
- What kind of bulb should I get for my Luminette when I need one? Use a 4 or 7 watt incandescent nightlight bulb which can be found in many hardware or variety stores. At the end of the Luminette nightlights gallery you can find low-wattage LED nightlight bulbs.
- Do you take custom design orders? If you would like a design that I can use in my line of Luminettes there would be no additional charges beyond what I normally charge. If you desire an exclusive design made especially for you I charge $350 to make the drawing (which you would keep) and require a minimum order of 35 Luminettes. With an order of 100 custom-designed Luminettes there would be no charge for the drawing.
- What about quantity discounts? I offer a free Luminette for every 10 purchased. Please contact me with your choices right after ordering so that I can include the free ones with your order.
Shipping rates: Orders are shipped by US Postal Service priority in the USA and International Priority to Canada. The shipping charge is based on the order total.
0-$30 $8.50 0-$98.99 $20.75-$41.50 $30.01-$49.50 $9.25 $99-$247.50 $50 $49.51-$98.99 $13.50 $247.51-$594 $67 $99-$197.99 $16.00 $594.01 and up FREE $198 and up FREE
Please contact me before ordering if you would like your order shipped anywhere else in the world and I will calculate the shipping cost for you.